Test Bank Textbook Of Medical-Surgical Nursing 14th Edition
Test Bank Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook Of Medical-Surgical Nursing 14th Edition
Highly readable and rich with engaging case studies and learning tools, Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 14th Edition (2-Volume Set) delivers the complete nursing foundation students need in a format designed for the way they like to learn. Approachable text is accompanied by callouts, questions, and vignettes to help students explore essential patient care practices in real-world terms and gain a more practical understanding of how they’ll apply what they’ve learned in practice.
Trusted by instructors, students, and practicing nurses for more than 50 years, the 14th edition of this landmark resource has been comprehensively updated to reflect the latest research and practices and keep pace with the transition from critical care to home care, ethics, and genetics. Complete integration with Lippincott CoursePoint allows you to easily map out your entire course, provide personalized student remediation, and simulate real-world nursing scenarios based directly on vignettes in the text, giving your students unparalleled preparation for success in the medical-surgical nursing workforce.
Key Features in the 14th Edition:
- NEW! A new chapter on the assessment and management of patients with obesity including expanded content on gastric and duodenal disorders.
- NEW! Interdisciplinary feature in every chapter. Nursing students should be educated in an environment that provides such interdisciplinary educational experiences based on mutual understanding and respect and designed to enhance the practice of each discipline.
- EXPANDED! The immunodeficiency chapter includes updated HIV infection and AIDS content.
- UPDATED! The following units have been revised Immunologic Function, Digestive and Gastrointestinal Function, and Metabolic and Endocrine Function.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarify difficult concepts, informed by data from Misconception Alert questions in PrepU for Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 12e.
- Quality and Safety Nursing Alerts build upon the previous edition’s Nursing Alerts to highlight issues related to quality and safe nursing care.
- UPDATED! The unit openers include new Case Studies with QSEN Competency Focus to highlight competency and related knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Additional information for these case studies related to NANDA-I, NIC, NOC, and the nursing process is available online.
- Prioritization Questions have been added to the Critical Thinking Exercises.
- Genetics Charts and Ethical Dilemma Charts have been revised to reflect the latest advances in the field.
- Critical care information has been updated to further the authors’ goal to have the most up-to-date and clinically relevant content on critical care throughout the book.
- The Table of Contents has been reorganized for a more logical sequence and flow.
- Nursing Process sections, Plans of Nursing Care, and Critical Care sections
- More than 2,900 NCLEX-style review questions
- Assessment Charts, Risk Factor Charts, Guidelines Charts, Genetics in Nursing Practice Charts, Patient Education Charts, Health Promotion
- Charts, Ethics, and Related Issues Charts, and Pharmacology Charts and tables.
- Gerontologic Considerations sections, Physiology/Pathophysiology figures, and updated Home Care ChecklistsNursing Research Profiles and
- EBP questions help students learn the importance of evidence-based practice.
- Concepts in Action Animations bring anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology concepts to life.
Table Of Contents:
Table of Contents
Chapter 01: Health Care Delivery and Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
Chapter 02: Community-Based Nursing Practice
Chapter 03: Critical Thinking, Ethical Decision Making, and the Nursing Process
Chapter 04: Health Education and Promotion
Chapter 05: Adult Health and Nutritional Assessment
Chapter 06: Individual and Family Homeostasis, Stress, and Adaptation
Chapter 07: Overview of Transcultural Nursing
Chapter 08: Overview of Genetics and Genomics in Nursing
Chapter 09: Chronic Illness and Disability
Chapter 10: Principles and Practices of Rehabilitation
Chapter 11: Health Care of the Older Adult
Chapter 12: Pain Management
Chapter 13: Fluid and Electrolytes: Balance and Disturbance
Chapter 14: Shock and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
Chapter 15: Management of Patients with Oncologic Disorders
Chapter 16: End-of-Life Care
Chapter 17: Preoperative Nursing Management
Chapter 18: Intraoperative Nursing Management
Chapter 19: Postoperative Nursing Management
Chapter 20: Assessment of Respiratory Function
Chapter 21: Respiratory Care Modalities
Chapter 22: Management of Patients With Upper Respiratory Tract Disorders
Chapter 23: Management of Patients with Chest and Lower Respiratory Tract Disorders
Chapter 24: Management of Patients With Chronic Pulmonary Disease
Chapter 25: Assessment of Cardiovascular Function
Chapter 26: Management of Patients With Dysrhythmias and Conduction Problems
Chapter 27: Management of Patients With Coronary Vascular Disorders
Chapter 28: Management of Patients With Structural, Infectious, and Inflammatory Cardiac
Chapter 29: Management of Patients With Complications from Heart Disease
Chapter 30: Assessment and Management of Patients With Vascular Disorders and
Problems of Peripheral Circulation
Chapter 31: Assessment and Management of Patients With Hypertension
Chapter 32: Assessment of Hematologic Function and Treatment Modalities
Chapter 33: Management of Patients With Nonmalignant Hematologic Disorders
Chapter 34: Management of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms
Chapter 35: Assessment of Immune Function
Chapter 36: Management of Patients With Immune Deficiency Disorders
Chapter 37: Assessment and Management of Patients With Allergic Disorders
Chapter 38: Assessment and Management of Patients With Rheumatic Disorders
Chapter 39: Assessment of Musculoskeletal Function
Chapter 40: Musculoskeletal Care Modalities
Chapter 41: Management of Patients With Musculoskeletal Disorders
Chapter 42: Management of Patients With Musculoskeletal Trauma
Chapter 43: Assessment of Digestive and Gastrointestinal Function
Chapter 44: Digestive and Gastrointestinal Treatment Modalities
Chapter 45: Management of Patients with Oral and Esophageal Disorders
Chapter 46: Management of Patients with Gastric and Duodenal Disorders
Chapter 47: Management of Patients With Intestinal and Rectal Disorders
Chapter 48: Assessment and Management of Patients with Obesity
Chapter 49: Assessment and Management of Patients with Hepatic Disorders
Chapter 50: Assessment and Management of Patients with Biliary Disorders
Chapter 51: Assessment and Management of Patients with Diabetes
Chapter 52: Assessment and Management of Patients with Endocrine Disorders
Chapter 53: Assessment of Kidney and Urinary Function
Chapter 54: Management of Patients with Kidney Disorders
Chapter 55: Management of Patients with Urinary Disorders
Chapter 56: Assessment and Management of Patients With Female Physiologic Processes
Chapter 57: Management of Patients with Female Reproductive Disorders
Chapter 58: Assessment and Management of Patients with Breast Disorders
Chapter 59: Assessment and Management of Patients With Male Reproductive Disorders
Chapter 60: Assessment of Integumentary Function
Chapter 61: Management of Patients with Dermatologic Problems
Chapter 62: Management of Patients with Burn Injury
Chapter 63: Assessment and Management of Patients with Eye and Vision Disorders
Chapter 64: Assessment and Management of Patients with Hearing and Balance Disorders
Chapter 65: Assessment of Neurologic Function
Chapter 66: Management of Patients with Neurologic Dysfunction
Chapter 67: Management of Patients with Cerebrovascular Disorders
Chapter 68: Management of Patients with Neurologic Trauma
Chapter 69: Management of Patients with Neurologic Infections, Autoimmune Disorders, and Neuropathies
Chapter 70: Management of Patients With Oncologic or Degenerative Neurologic Disorders
Chapter 71: Management of Patients With Infectious Diseases
Chapter 72: Emergency Nursing
Chapter 73: Terrorism, Mass Casualty, and Disaster Nursing
There are no reviews yet.