Evaluation of Quality in Health Care for DNPs 3rd Edition
No access code.
Now in its third edition, this award-winning text work is the only advanced practice nursing text to present effective, systematic, and in-depth evaluations of all aspects of health care quality. Comprehensive in scope, it distills best practice information from numerous sources to facilitate utmost competency for APN and DNP graduates. The third edition keeps pace with the rapidly evolving healthcare market by presenting a more comprehensive range of evaluation strategies for analyzing quality, safety, and value in healthcare practice and programs. It provides a completely new chapter on the evaluation of simulation programs to improve clinician competency and patient care technology.
An increased focus on the application of quality improvement is woven throughout, including the quality improvement-research continuum and an emphasis on interdisciplinary collaboration and teamwork. New case studies, specific examples from a variety of QI projects, and content specifically geared to improve teamwork also add to the book’s outstanding value. The text also delves into the theoretical basis of evaluation and its application as an integral part of contemporary practice. It includes evaluation models that enable nurses to address economic and financial viability and guides readers through the translation of outcomes from evaluation into health care policy. Additionally, the text now includes PowerPoints for instructors.
New to the Third Edition:
- New chapter: Evaluation of Simulation to Support Ongoing Competency in the HC Workforce
- Additional case studies and specific examples from QI projects
- Increased focus on teamwork and collaboration
- Enhanced discussion of theoretical foundations of evaluation approaches
- New focus on program evaluation and dissemination of findings
- Addresses AACN competencies and scope of practice
- Helps students integrate best and evidence-based practices into care
- Provides guidance on practical methods and tools for Quality Improvement Project
- Presents evaluation models enabling nurses to address economic and financial viability
- Includes evaluations of organizations, systems, standards for practice, health care redesign, and the challenges of electronic medical records