CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2019 58th Edition
978-1260117431, 126011743X, Maxine A. Papadakis, Stephen J. McPhee, Michael W. Rabow,
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2022
Know what the experts know and incorporate it into your daily practice with the #1 annual guide to internal medicine
INCLUDES 7 ONLINE-ONLY CHAPTERS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST!
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insight into epidemiology, symptoms, signs, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based answers to questions about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest diagnostic advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Features and content critical to clinical practice:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management in all fields of internal medicine
• Full review of all internal medicine and primary care topics, including gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
• Update of newly emerging infections and their treatments
• Specific disease prevention information
• Hundreds of medication tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Recent references with PMID numbers
• Full-color photographs and illustrations (many new to this edition)
HERE ARE SOME OF THE MANY UPDATES AND ADDITIONS:
•Revised section on pain management at the end of life
•Updated ACC/AHA guidelines for the treatment of valvular disease
•New ACC/AHA and Hypertension Canada blood pressure guidelines
•New FDA approved medications for the treatment of breast cancer
•New colon cancer screening recommendations from the U.S. Multi-Society Task Force
•Acclaimed annual update of HIV/AIDS
•New classification of epilepsy
•Revised recommendations for treating hepatitis C virus-associated kidney disease
•Revised chapter on psychiatric disorders new FDA approved medication for gastric adenocarcinoma
•Updated information about treating spinal muscular atrophy
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2019 58th Edition, 978-1260117431, 126011743X, Maxine A. Papadakis, Stephen J. McPhee, Michael W. Rabow,