Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook An Abnormal Psychology Integrative Approach 8e in PDF. No access codes are included.
ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY: AN INTEGRATIVE APPROACH, Eighth Edition, is the perfect text to help you succeed in your abnormal psychology course! The authors — all internationally recognized experts in the field — show you how psychological disorders are rooted in multiple factors: biological, psychological, cultural, social, familial, and even political. You can test your understanding of topics with the text’s built-in concept checks and chapter quizzes. Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition.
Balancing psychological, biological, social, and cultural approaches, this ebook’s ground-breaking integrative approach is a contemporary, scientifically valid method for studying abnormal psychology. Revised with leading-edge research findings, the eighth edition draws on the expertise of V. Mark Durand, David H. Barlow, and Stefan G. Hofmann, three internationally recognized specialists in clinical psychology. In An Abnormal Psychology Integrative Approach, 8th Edition, (PDF), the authors successfully blend sophisticated research with an engaging, accessible writing style. They go beyond simply explaining different schools of thought on psychological disorders, exploring the relations of the various forces that contribute to psychopathology. This inclusive resource includes integrated case studies (95 percent from the authors’ own files) and added study tools. Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition.
About the Author
Dr. Barlow is the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Psychological Association as well as the James McKeen Cattell Fellow Award from the Association for Psychological Science, which honors individuals for their lifetime of significant intellectual achievements in applied psychological research. An American Psychological Association Presidential Citation noted: “He has had a far-reaching impact on many psychologists of color and has shaped the future of the discipline in valuing and supporting the potential of all students.” Dr. Barlow received his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame, his M.A. from Boston College, and his Ph.D. from the University of Vermont Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition.
V. Mark Durand is known worldwide as an authority in the area of autism spectrum disorders. He is a professor of psychology at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, where he was the founding dean of arts and sciences and vice chancellor for academic affairs. A fellow of the American Psychological Association, Dr. Durand has received over $4 million in federal funding to study the behavior problems in children with disabilities. Previously he served in a variety of leadership positions at the University at Albany, including the founder of the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities. He received the University Award for Excellence in Teaching at SUNY Albany in 1991, followed by the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg in 2007. Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition.
Currently, a member of the Professional Advisory Board for the Autism Society of America, Dr. Durand is co-editor of the JOURNAL OF POSITIVE BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS and has written 10 books and over 100 publications on functional communication, educational programming, and behavior therapy. He developed a unique treatment for severe behavior problems that are used worldwide. Most recently he developed an innovative approach (Optimistic Parenting) to help families work with their challenging children. Dr. Durand was named a 2014 Princeton Lecture Series Fellow and received the 2015 Jacobson Award for Critical Thinking from the American Psychological Association for his body of work in the field of autism spectrum disorder. He received his B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. (all in psychology) at the State University of New York (SUNY) Stony Brook, Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition.
Stefan G. Hofmann is the Alexander von Humboldt Professor for Translational Clinical Psychology at the Philipps-University Marburg, Germany, and professor of psychology in the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at Boston University. He has an actively funded research program studying various aspects of emotional disorders with a particular emphasis on anxiety disorders and cognitive behavioral therapy. His many prestigious professional honors include the Alexander von Humboldt Research Award, the Humboldt Professorship (the highest German research award), and the Aaron T. Beck Award for Significant and Enduring Contributions to the Field Cognitive Therapy by the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Dr. Hofmann is a fellow of the AAAS, APA, APS, and ABCT and served as president of various national and international professional societies, including the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies and the International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy. He was also an adviser to the DSM-5 Development Process and a member of the DSM-5 Anxiety Disorder Sub-Work Group. For the past six years, Dr. Hofmann has been named a Highly Cited Researcher by Thomson Reuters. He is editor of COGNITIVE THERAPY AND RESEARCH and has published more than 400 peer-reviewed journal articles and 20 books, including AN INTRODUCTION TO MODERN CBT (Wiley-Blackwell) and EMOTION IN THERAPY (Guilford Press). Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition.
Top reviews from our customers:
- Thank you so much for making this eBook Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition accessible to me. I deeply appreciate it.
- This is a comprehensive and well-organized text. It covers the subject of abnormal psychology by linking meanings and definitions to the DSM-5.
- The writers of this textbook Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition do a good job of making the subject matter interesting. I know we have no choice about what eBooks professors select for their courses. This book, however, provides real-life insight into the course material and is easy to understand. I encourage professors to investigate it for their own classes. Also $100-$150 cheaper to rent through Amazon than my school-affiliated textbook brokers and bookstore.
- Not the best psych book for casual reading or personal knowledge. It’s a graduate-level book and does not break down terms and concepts for you. You’ll need a base knowledge. For a required textbook Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition it’s been outstanding and well organized.
- I had to get this textbook Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition for a class. I had the Kindle version, and there were some really weird hiccups with the e-formatting – random letters just didn’t show up, which made it very difficult to read. Also, I kept having an issue where if I tried to go back a page, on the first tap, it would flip like it turned the page but was still on the same page, and I had to tap a second time to actually go back a page. I’ve had my Kindle for about three years now and this is the only eBook Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition I’ve ever had an issue with.
- Very disappointed that I have to return my ebook. I prefer kindle to any other e-reader platform because I like the tools and the setup and that I can read anywhere on my iPad without worrying about wifi. I need this book AND the access code for the Cengage MindTap for the course I’m in, and even with BUYING the kindle ebook, it does not come with this. Now I have to return it and pay more for a code and access to the eBook Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition on a platform I don’t like to use. Abnormal Psychology An Integrative Approach 8th Edition.
Tags: 1305950445, 1337277215, 1337514047, 978-1305950443, 978-1337277211, 978-1337514040, Psychopathology